» Services to Schools
Services to Schools
Educational Psychology Services
Schools and parents typically seek Educational Psychology advice when they are worried about the child’s progress with learning, behaviour or general well-being. I can offer the following services to help overcome barriers to learning and promote development and emotional well-being.
Individual Psychological Assessments
- Developmental assessments of pre-school children
- Literacy or numeracy difficulties in school, college or university (Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and other learning needs.)
- Cognitive skills (Learning difficulties, language skills, working memory, processing skills, thinking and reasoning)
- Social, Emotional and Behavioural needs (Self esteem, friendships, teasing/ bullying) and how these affect behaviour and learning
- Issues regarding Transition from one school to another or to College or work.
- Autistic Spectrum Conditions/Disorders (ASC/D and Aspergers), management and interventions
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD), advice and management
- Adjusting and coping with physical or sensory impairment
Analysis, Joint Problem Solving and Planning the Intervention.
- Meetings with parents, school staff and other professionals to analyse information and to determine the barriers to making progress
- Joint problem solving to agree strategies to overcome barriers to learning, using the EP’s advice on interventions
- Review and determination of next steps to maintain progress.
Psychological report or record of School Visit
- Background information gathered from parents and other professionals
- Detail of psychological and attainment assessments undertaken
- Discussion of findings and problem analysis
- Advice and recommendations of strategies based on Joint Problem Solving with Parents and Professionals.
- Advice on Access Arrangements for examinations.